CTE EXPLORATORY TEACHERCTE EXPLORATORY TEACHER
Anticipated Start Date, Friday, August 26, 2022
Waldo County Technical Center is seeking a half-time CTE Exploratory Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Hours for this position will be Monday-Friday, 7:45-11:15 a.m.
The CTE Exploratory Program
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Exploratory is an exciting new program at WCTC for 9th grade students. Students in this one-semester program will experience elements from a variety of Waldo Tech’s full-time programs. Through project-based learning, students will explore introductory lessons in engineering design, electronics, 3-D modeling, small engines, wood working, and outdoor skills. CTE Exploratory will help students discover potential career (s) that might be of interest to them.
The successful candidate will provide a safe, supportive, and welcoming learning environment for a diverse group of students new to CTE. The preferred candidate will have experience with the CTE fields mentioned above; however, there may be some flexibility related to the candidate’s experience. Primary responsibilities include:
● Develop and implement program curriculum based on appropriate, relevant standards and goals, including unit, instructional, and assessment plans for all learning activities/lessons.
● Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in education activities.
● Differentiate program content, processes, assessments, and products to meet the needs of individual learners.
● Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and related tools/equipment.
● Educate students to maintain and follow all compliance standards for safety and health (OSHA) requirements.
● Use technology proficiently to enhance student learning, support instruction.
● Maintain classroom, lab, and shop equipment in accordance with appropriate procedures, OSHA compliance and other applicable professional industry standards.
● Collaborate and communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and greater community
● Coordinate orientation and learning opportunities for CTE Exploratory students with other WCTC program instructors.
● Relevant work experience, education, and training
● Holds or eligible for appropriate Maine DOE CTE Teacher Certification
● Criminal History Records Check (CHRC)
● Demonstrate dependability, integrity, confidentiality, and other ethical standards
Application form may be obtained on the Waldo County Technical Center website, waldotech.org, or by calling the WCTC office at 342-5231. Please email completed application, cover letter, resume, 3 current references, certification (or eligibility), and CHRC to or mail to:
Rick Amero, Director
Waldo County Technical Center 1022 Waterville Road
Waldo, Maine 04915
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Rick Amero at 207-342-5231 ext. 204 or email at
Applications Close When Suitable Candidate is Found