Hello WCTC Community,
Per the federal Safe Drinking Water Act, WCTC is required to provide notification that two drinking water samples taken from WCTC on April 21, 2022 had lead levels above the EPA action level of 15 parts per billion (ppb), or 0.015 milligrams of lead per liter of water.
Please note that the EPA considers water that comes from hand washing sinks as "drinking water". WCTC samples did not come from any fixture that would be used for drinking or cooking. Water samples that exceeded lead requirements came from the following sources:
1. Culinary Prep sink sink: 4.7 ppb
2. Culinary Coffee sink: 2.9 ppb
3. Culinary serving buffet sink: 0.76 ppb
3. Student Center restroom sink: 26 ppb
4. CNA classroom sink: <0.5 ppb
If you have any questions, please reach out to Junior Turner, WCTC Maintenance Supervisor, jturner@waldotech.
org, or me.